Saturday, February 2, 2008

Presidnet Hinckley

As I watched the funeral and celebration of President Hinckley today, I couldn't help but thinking of how I want to be better. What a perfect example to everyone. I couldn't hold back the tears. I am sad for selfish reasons, I'll miss hearing him at conferance and his wisdom and humor, but I was also happy. He is in heaven and with his wife. It really makes me reflect on my life as a friend, aunt, sister, daughter, wife and mother. I want to be better in paying my tithing, saying my prayers, reading my scriptures, attending the temple and being more positive. He did so much for the church and the world for that matter. He gave so much and did so much, putting the church first in his life. Hearing the testimonies from his friends and family only made my testimony of him stronger. I will miss him and I thank him for the love I have always felt from him.

1 comment:

Terri said...

Melissa-
I feel the same way! He makes me want to do better--he always said he needed to better and if HE needed to then I definitely do!